Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Django + IronPython

Update: See my newer post on how to run the Django test suite on IronPython 2.6.

I've had a couple of people ask about a Django + IronPython "Getting Started". This has been on my TODO list for a while; I just haven't gotten around to it. I'll try to do something over the next couple of weeks.

A couple of tips to anyone trying in the meantime:

  • Get the SQLite provider from FePy SVN; it's the only one that I know works
  • If manage.py has problems, file (or vote on) bugs, and use Python for manage.py instead
  • Set the session backend to use the caching system, and set your cache backed to be in-memory (you can try to use the ASP.NET backends I posted earlier, but no guarantees)
  • It probably won't work 100%, but I did work my way through the tutorial – except the admin system